- You will need the following documents for getting H-4 visa stamping: Mandatory Documents. Current passport as well as old passports ; One photograph (Only for dropbox appointment) Confirmation page of online submitted Form DS-160 with CEAC bar code. Visa fees Fees to be paid in advance before taking an appointment.
- 1 Is H4 visa stamping open in India?
- 2 How can I apply for H4 visa stamping in India?
- 3 Is US visa stamping open in India?
- 4 Can H4 dependent Go for stamping without h1 stamping?
- 5 Can H4 visa get rejected?
- 6 Can we go for H1B stamping now?
- 7 How long does H4 visa take?
- 8 Who is eligible for H4 visa?
- 9 Is client letter required for H4 stamping?
- 10 When US visa stamping will start in India?
- 11 How long wait for visa interview appointment?
- 12 When US visa will open?
- 13 Can I go with my wife for H4 visa interview?
- 14 Do H4 need i797 for visa stamping?
- 15 Is marriage certificate mandatory for H4 visa?
Is H4 visa stamping open in India?
H4 Visa Emergency Appointments, Interviews – 21 Experiences in India. Due to COVID-19, US Consulates in India are not open for regular operations yet. Many of the H4 Holders are getting Emergency US Visa Appointments based on H1B & H4 Visa Exemptions from Trump travel ban.
How can I apply for H4 visa stamping in India?
H4 Visa stamping Documents Checklist:
- I-797 Copy ( H1B approval Notice)
- I-129 form Copy.
- LCA Copy ( Labor Condition Application)
- Passport copy.
- Client letter.
- Employment verification letter.
- Copy of 6 months of Pay stubs/ Salary slips.
- Copy of W-2 forms.
Is US visa stamping open in India?
Regular Operations Status: US Consulates, Embassy in India are not yet open fully for regular operations. You can only apply for Emergency Appointment, if you have a need to apply for US Visa stamping in India. They are opening some slots for employment based categories.
Can H4 dependent Go for stamping without h1 stamping?
Yes she can go by herself for visa stamping without any issues. She should carry your latest I797 forms and other employment documents from your current employer. Also be aware that she can completely skip the visa stamping routine if her visa is not yet expired. It doesn’t matter if the visa is from previous employer.
Can H4 visa get rejected?
The visa sponsor (or principal applicant) must be able to take care of their H4 dependents. The application for the H4 visa will, therefore, be rejected by a 212(A)(4) refusal if the financial means of the principal applicant does not meet or exceed the state poverty line.
Can we go for H1B stamping now?
If you were working in US on H1B extension with same employer and same job role and stuck out of US due to travel restrictions, now you can get US Visa stamping. They classify this as “resuming ongoing employment”. US Consular officers will look at form I-129 Part II, question 2 to verify if it was an extension.
How long does H4 visa take?
As of May 31, 2019, USCIS processing times for an H-4 application are as long as eight and a half months. Processing times for the H-4 EAD are currently approximately 5 months to a year. If you are applying for H4 EAD, follow the H4 EAD application process to determine eligibility and follow accurate paperwork.
Who is eligible for H4 visa?
Immediate family members like spouse and children under 21 years old may qualify for a H4 visa and may apply at a US Consulate in their home country. If you are applying for your visa along with your spouse, who is applying for H1 simultaneously, then you can submit both applications together.
Is client letter required for H4 stamping?
The client letter is not required for H-4. The I-797/Approval Notice is enough.
When US visa stamping will start in India?
US embassy in India is giving a limited number of regular visa interview appointment slots without the need for ’emergency appointment’ requirement starting Feb 1, 2021. Earlier, the MRV visa application fee validity was increased to Sept. 2022.
How long wait for visa interview appointment?
The length of the visa appointment wait times can vary from case to case. The seasonal workload and number of pending applicants also influence the estimated wait time. But the majority of the wait times fall somewhere between 60 to 120 days, or even longer.
When US visa will open?
The Department of State suspended routine visa services worldwide in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In July 2020, U.S. Embassies and Consulates began a phased resumption of routine visa services.
Can I go with my wife for H4 visa interview?
The consulate does not allow anyone other than the applicant to appear at the interview unless a translator is necessary. “The consulate does not permit interested parties, such as friends, relatives, or business contacts
Do H4 need i797 for visa stamping?
H4 does not need any kind of separate Approval from USCIS for H4 visa stamping. Your approved H1B i797 is enough. You can apply for H4 EAD extention as per your wish and choice of timing.
Is marriage certificate mandatory for H4 visa?
Read more about the US visa fee here. If the applicant is below 14 yrs of age, Original Birth Certificate of this applicant (child) is required. Original marriage certificate. A copy of marriage invitation card of both the families.