Total number of rape cases reported in India from 2005 to 2020
|Characteristic||Number of cases reported|
Nog 8 rijen•18 sep. 2021
India’s average rate of reported rape cases is about 6.3 per 100,000 of the population. However, this masks vast geographical differences with places like Sikkim and Delhi having rates of 30.3 and 22.5, respectively, while Tamil Nadu has a rate of less than one.
- 1 Which state has the highest rape statistics in India?
- 2 Which country has highest rape statistics?
- 3 What city has the highest rape statistics in India?
- 4 Which state is safest in India?
- 5 Which state is most dangerous in India?
- 6 Which country has lowest rape statistics 2020?
- 7 Who was the first rape victim in the world?
- 8 What is the safest country in the world?
- 9 Which is the most unsafe city in India?
- 10 Which state is unsafe for girl in India?
- 11 Is India safe for girls?
- 12 Which city is safe for girl in India?
Which state has the highest rape statistics in India?
Rajasthan reported the highest number of rapes with 5,997 cases, followed by UP (3,065) and Madhya Pradesh (2,485). In terms of rate of rape cases, Rajasthan was the highest at 15.9 (per lakh population), followed by Kerala (11.1) and Haryana (10.9).
Which country has highest rape statistics?
Here are the 10 countries with the highest rape rates:
- South Africa. South Africa has the highest rape rate in the world of 132.4.
- Botswana. Botswana is the second with a rate of rape – 92.90 and 1,865 incidents in per 100,000 people.
- Costa Rica.
What city has the highest rape statistics in India?
MUMBAI: Mumbai reported the second highest number of crimes against women after Delhi in 2019, according to the NCRB report. According to the data, the Maximum City reported 6,519 crimes against women last year, marginally higher than the 6,058 in 2018, while Delhi reported 12,902 cases against 11,724 in 2018.
Which state is safest in India?
Kolkata is judged year after year to be the safest city in India for women to live. However, BJP central leaders are sending representatives to West Bengal to inform Bengal people to topple Mamata Government because the state and capital are not safe for woman.
Which state is most dangerous in India?
Top 10 Dangerous States in India:
- Uttar Pradesh: The crime rate per capita of UP is 7.4.
- Arunachal Pradesh: The crime rate and other factors have made the state responsible to land on the 2nd position in danger.
- Jharkhand: Jharkhand is another state not to be missed in danger terms.
Which country has lowest rape statistics 2020?
According to the list, Liechtenstein stands at the top of list of countries with least rape cases reported. The European principality has a population of 38,128, and no cases of rape were reported in 2020. Egypt stood in second in the list with the rate of rape incidents reported per 100,000 people at 0.10.
Who was the first rape victim in the world?
Mathura was a young orphan tribal girl living with one of her two brothers. She was an Adivasi. The incident is suspected to have taken place on 26 March 1972, she was between 14 and 16 years old at that time. Mathura occasionally worked as a domestic helper with a woman named Nushi.
What is the safest country in the world?
The Safest Countries in the World
- 8: Singapore.
- 7: Czech Republic.
- 6: Canada.
- 5: Denmark.
- 4: Portugal.
- 3: Austria.
- 2: New Zealand.
- 1: Iceland. Since 2008, this tiny island nation in the North Atlantic Ocean has been named the most peaceful country in the world.
Which is the most unsafe city in India?
Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai Among Most Unsafe Cities For Women In India: NCRB Data
- Delhi – 1,231 incidents.
- Jaipur – 517 incidents. Ad.
- Mumbai – 394 incidents.
- Hyderabad – 184 incidents.
- Indore – 150 incidents.
Which state is unsafe for girl in India?
Rajasthan is the worst state for women with a staggering 295 per cent rise in the reported rape cases in the last 10 years. While the state reported 1,519 rape cases in 2009, it went up to 5,997 cases in 2019 – a four-time increase, NCRB data shows.
Is India safe for girls?
Being a woman is not easy and that too when you live in India. Because in India at every 20 minutes a girl is raped. And if we talked about the current scenario, India is not safe for women not even in this 21st century. This country has been ranked as the world most dangerous place for women.
Which city is safe for girl in India?
Kolkata has been announced as the safest city in the country for women, as per the recently released data of the National Crime Record Board (NCRB).